About The Club
Malahide Golf Club , a gem of a parkland course , is located beside the pretty and historic seaside village of Malahide in North Dublin and beside some of the finest links in the world –Old Portmarnock, Portmarnock Country Club and the Island . The club is one of the oldest in Ireland and celebrates its 125th Anniversary in 2017
The warm welcome afforded to visitors to Malahide Golf Club is captured in the Club’s motto–"A Light Heart and a Cheerful Spirit ".
Malahide Golf Club has had a close relationship with Malahide Castle from its inception. Richard Hogan, 5th Baron of Malahide was one the founding members , as was Irish landscape painter Nathaniel Hone, R.H.A. Members of the Talbot family acted as the early Presidents of Malahide GC : Richard Wogan 1892- 1921:James Boswell 1921-1948: Milo Talbot 1948-1950.
Malahide Golf Club had resided in 2 different location before in 1990 moving from its famous 9 hole course in Malahide village to the nearby Beechwood Estate , where a 27 hole complex was built, along with a spectacular club house.
The initial design was by the Eddie Hackett, and further enhancements were designed by the Tom Craddock , Jeff Howes , and more recently in 2016 by leading international designer Martin Hawtree .
Malahide member Philip Walton achieved international fame when he sank the winning putt at in the 1995 Ryder Cup at Oakhill in the U.S. As an amateur, Philip won Irish, Scottish and Spanish Amateur Championships, and played Walker Cup golf.
From its foundation Malahide Golf Club played a leading role in the development of Irish golf. Affiliated to the Golf Union of Ireland in 1896, the club's first Irish Champion was John Francis Jameson (of whiskey family fame) who won the Irish Amateur Close Championship in 1910. In more recent times the magnificent achievements of Tom Craddock, winner of many trophies including both the Irish Open and Close Amateur Championships, twice a member of the Walker Cup team and holder of numerous international and inter-provincial caps, have brought great distinction to the Club. Paddy Caul was also an exceptional player at international and inter-provincial level.