As you will no doubt be aware the Captains Qualifying and Captains Prize are fast approaching.
Please familiarise yourself with the following important information:
* The Captains Prize is played over 2 rounds, with an entry fee of 10 Euro covering both days of the competition.
* Qualifying will take place on Saturday/Sunday 22nd & 23rd June 2019.
* Approximately one third of the field from each of the qualifying competitions will qualify for the Captains Prize.
* Qualifying will be played on the Blue/Red course.
* In line with current GUI / CONGU guidelines, players will play off their current handicaps on both days of the competition. This means that should your handicap change as a result of the qualifying round or any other competition scores between the qualifying day and the 2nd day of competition, you will play off your new/adjusted handicap on the final day.
* To win the Captains Prize, you must have played 3 counting competitions in the 12 months prior to June 22nd 2019 and be a Full or Intermediate member for at least 1 full year.
* The Captains Prize & Non-Qualifiers prize will take place on Saturday 29th June 2019.
* The Captains Prize will be played on the Red/Yellow course. The Non-Qualifiers will play on the Blue/Blue course.
* The Captains Prize to 5-day members will take place on Friday 28th June 2019 and will comprise of an 18-hole competition from 8.30 to 11.00 am & 2.30 to 4pm. Please visit BRS nearer the time for course details. This competition will be played off white tees and scoring will be stableford.
* Slots on the timesheet for the final day, for those lucky enough to qualify will be assigned by the committee. Players will be assigned time slots in order of qualification. Those with the lowest qualifying scores will go out first, following on sequentially, with those qualifying with the highest scores going out last.
* Tie Break - In the event of eligible players tying for first place, there will be a playoff to decide the winner of the Captains Prize. The Playoff will take place over 3 holes, 1st Red, 8th & 9th Yellow, and will be on an aggregate stableford points basis (for those three holes, starting from zero). Should players still be tied, play will continue on a Sudden Death basis playing the 9th Yellow.
* The Non-Qualifiers competition will have a timesheet open for booking once the qualifying rounds scores have been collated.
* Junior golfers with a handicap of 14 or lower may participate once accompanied with a full or intermediate member and will be entitled to win all prizes except the Captains Prize.
* Junior golfers must indicate that they are a Junior by clearly marking J on their card. Otherwise they will not be considered for the prize to Juniors.
* Veteran golfers (aged 70 and over) must indicate that they are a Veteran by clearly marking V on their card. Otherwise they will not be considered for the prize to Veterans.
* Past Captains must indicate that they are a Past Captain by clearly marking P on their card. Otherwise they will not be considered for the prize to Past Captains.
* In order to facilitate 'live' scoring in the clubhouse the leading groups on the final day will be asked their 9, 12, 15, and 17 hole scores by stewards located on these holes, kindly assist the stewards by advising them of your score.
* Please mark clearly on your scorecard if you are unavailable to play for the Captains Prize on the final Day.
Wishing you all the best for the Captains